Tailoring & Alterations
Maria Venturini also does alterations with exceptional tailoring to your favorite garments. From pants that are just a little too long to jackets that just don't quite fit anymore alteration services can take ill-fitting items and give them new life. Multiple factors determine the price of alterations such as the stitch type, fabric, and type of garment (dress, gown, casual wear, men's or women's wear.) Typical prices for common alterations are as follows:
- Hem Pants: $10*
- Hem Pants with lining: $15*
- Take in jacket: $45*
- Restitch fraying seams: $5*
Petite tailoring can be slightly different than general tailoring as it can require re-proportioning garments. This can cost more, but results in correctly fitting garments.
Costume alterations also tend to cost more due to the often fancier and more complex fabrics used.
If you are considering having a garment altered or tailored consider the following tips:
- If the garment is machine washable be sure to wash it before it is altered to account for shrinkage.
- If you plan on wearing high heals wear a pair when you meet with the tailor to that the hem will fall correctly.
- If you wear a belt with pants be sure to bring one to the meeting with the tailor to ensure proper fit.
Shipping $7.50 - $22.00 depending on how many pieces
Call for appointments (206)293-7088 or (509)876-2309
1734 Livingston CT, Walla Walla WA 99362
*These prices are estimates and not exact quotes for items.